Freedom In Christ Canada
The Overcomers' Covenant in Christ
1. I place all my trust and confidence in the Lord, I put no confidence in the flesh, and I declare myself to be dependent on God.
2. I consciously and deliberately choose to submit to God and resist the devil by denying myself, picking up my cross daily and following Jesus.
3. I choose to humble myself before the mighty hand of God in order that He may exalt me at the proper time.
4. I declare the truth that I am dead to sin, freed from it and alive to God in Jesus Christ, since I have died with Christ and was raised with Him.
5. I gladly embrace the truth that I am now a child of God who is unconditionally loved and accepted. I reject the lie that I have to perform to be accepted, and I reject my fallen and natural identity, which was derived from the world.
6. I declare that sin shall no longer be master over me because I am not under the Law but under grace, and there is no more guilt or condemnation because I am spiritually alive in Christ Jesus.
7. I renounce every unrighteous use of my body, and I commit myself to no longer be conformed to this world but rather to be transformed by the renewing of my mind. I choose to believe the truth and walk in it, regardless of my feelings or circumstances.
8. I commit myself to take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ, and I choose to think upon that which is true, honorable, right, pure and lovely.
9. I commit myself to God’s great goal for my life to conform to His image. I know that I will face many trials, but God has given me the victory and I not a victim but an overcomer in Christ.
10. I choose to adopt the attitude of Christ, which was to do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind I will regard others as more important than myself. I will not merely look out for my own personal interests but also the interests of others. I know that it is more blessed to give than to receive.